Friday, April 18, 2014

I wanna put on, my my my my my boogie shoes


When one is travelling in the outback of Australia, there are certain things that one must be very vigilant about. One of those things is to watch out for people who refer to themselves as 'one'. Stuff that! The other thing to be aware of are all those creepy crawlies. And with this in mind my google search and frequent viewing of 'The Block' led me to She Wear, Australia, manufacturers of sturdy, stylish work boots for the hard working, yet fashion conscious female tradies all around the country. Of course they also looked pretty good on the twins, Alyssa and Lysandra, and that steel cap toe came in pretty handy whenever their male tradies needed a good foot up the... toolbelt.

 

And although I am not planning on doing any major renovating while on our travels, they do fit the bill for keeping out the snakes and spiders. Did I buy them with safety in mind? Of course! Are they are fashion statement as well? Absolutely!!

The ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz they're not, although one (cut that 'one' crap will ya) could be forgiven for thinking that perhaps we are travelling down the Yellow Brick Road given what we came across in the Barossa. As Dorothy said, “Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore”.
 
 

1 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

Yay... my boots were a hit with the lady behind the opal counter in Coober Pedy... think she's going to buy some

April 25, 2014 at 3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home